> The CSO System
The online solution for career, co-op, and internship offices; experiential learning programs; student employment centers and more
The CSO System is a career services management platform relied on by career, co-op, internship, experiential learning, and student employment centers across the U.S. and around the globe. The CSO System’s array of features and tools allow administrators to successfully drive connections between students, employers, mentors, faculty and alumni while streamlining operations.
- Manage and maintain critical student and employer information.
- Facilitate job postings, on-campus interviews, career events, appointments and more.
- Easily generate robust reports, conduct surveys, and monitor user activity.
- Utilize an array of communication and resource sharing tools.
- Customize and brand your system to meet your unique needs – create unlimited user access levels, control all fields and drop-downs, insert instructional information, and much more.
- Provide students with resume development tool, social networking features, partner features including assessments and career videos, and more.
CSO Professional features
- System Access
- Unlimited Administrator Accounts – Create as many administrator accounts, and as many custom access types and levels, as you need. We provide the option for unlimited, customizable access levels for all system user s – administrators, students, alumni, employers, faculty, and mentors.
- Pass-through Authentication – Provide system users (students, administrators, employers, faculty and mentors) with the ability to log in through an existing campus portal.
- “Login as” Functionality – Administrators can be provided with the ability to “login as” students and employer contacts.
- Student and Alumni Access – Students and alumni have access to a wide array of features and functions, and alumni can access the system via an alumni-specific portal.
- Faculty Access – Faculty have access to student profiles and resumes, career events, the employer database and job listings.
- Mentor Access – Mentors can easily register and define how, and how frequently, they are willing to be contacted by students.
- System Customization
- Highly Configurable System – Extensive branding and customization options have always been key elements of the CSO System. Configure the system to meet your specific needs; from login integration, system branding and field/menu names and options, to user access level and work flow processes. Our implementation team will help you set up your system to your specifications.
- Unlimited Custom Fields – Add unlimited custom fields to your system to meet the specific needs of your campus.
- Data and Relationship Management
- Easy-to-Manage Databases – Maintain full control of your data. Create, manage, maintain, analyze and update data on all system users – administrators, students, alumni, employers, faculty, and mentors.
- Standard Data Imports/Uploads – Manage data imports (student and/or job data) through the administrative portal. Student data imports can be automated from your school’s student information system. Less commonly imported record types can be imported on a limited basis with the assistance of CSO Support.
- Advising Notes and Relationship Management (Observation Notes) – Create, manage, track and report on interactions with your students, employers and other system users with Observation Notes.
- Reports, Surveys and Tracking
- Unlimited Reporting – Create, run and save an unlimited number and variety of robust and flexible reports. Reports can be viewed online, downloaded as Excel or .csv files, or saved as custom report templates.
- Unlimited Surveys – Create, deploy and manage an unlimited number of custom surveys. Surveys are not restricted to your system users – you can survey anyone. Download and analyze overall survey results. Surveys can associate individual responses with specific user accounts or can be set up anonymously.
- Placement/Offer/Hire Tracking (Report-a-Hire) – Allow students, employers, faculty and administrators to enter placement, offer and hire information. All placement fields can be customized to meet your specific reporting needs and information can be tracked and analyzed using the system’s reporting tools.
- Basic Audit Tracking – Track basic user activity on all system users including record creation, logins, views, and edits – see when a change was made and who made the change.
- Process Management/Work Flow
- Pending Bin and Approval Processes – Easily identify, review, manage and approve new student and employer accounts, event registrations, jobs, resumes and more using the Pending Bin and approval process features.
- Student Document Approval – Review student resumes, cover letters and other documents prior to approving them for use.
- Career Events Database & Career Fair Manager – Manage all types of events – career fairs, information sessions, workshops, etc. Streamline registrations, RSVPs, and mass email messaging. Automate and track invoices, payment and receipts. Accept credit card payments online. Enjoy full administrative control of event management and logistics.
- User Activity Management – Quickly view user activity in their profiles. Run detailed reports to monitor and analyze interactions and relationships.
- Student Document Manager – Allow students to upload/save/update resumes, cover letters and other job-search related documents including transcripts, cooperative education assignments and more. Define and control the types, categories, and number of documents you will allow students to upload. CSO imposes no limit on the number of documents that can be uploaded.
- Resume Creator – Use our Resume Creator tool to help provide resume writing assistance and guidance to your students from within your CSO System. The Resume Creator includes 13 standard resume templates.
- Resume Packets – Easily generate and send student resume packets to employers, while the system keeps track of the students you referred.
- Resume Books/Student Search Tools for Employers – Authorize and allow employers to search student resumes and generate student resume packets online using the Resume Book and Student Search tools.
- Communication and Information Sharing
- Email/Mass Emailing – Create, customize, categorize, send and track individual and mass emails through the system. Add HTML and graphics, include attachments, schedule follow-up reminders, and customize templates for automated system emails.
- Email Campaigns – Schedule groups of emails to be sent out in sequential order and track users who receive them. Choose the recipients of each email as well as the date and time the email will be sent.
- Social Network Integration – Integrate your office’s LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter accounts into your system. Post jobs to Facebook and/or Twitter with one click. Incorporate optional LinkedIn and Facebook functionality to allow students to see individuals in their social networks who are connected to a specific employer or job.
- Text Messaging – Send important updates and information to students using SMS text messaging.
- Announcements – Share unique, important announcements on student, employer, administrative and other user home pages.
- Resource Library – Offer system users an online resource library, including links and documents. Upload/add and target resources to specific users groups. Control content and use counters to determine how frequently resources are being accessed.
- Scheduling and Calendars
- Appointment Scheduler – Allow students to schedule appointments online with your staff.
- Calendar Integration – Google – Provide administrators with the ability to sync their CSO System calendars with their Google calendars, including career events, personal appointments, student appointments, schedules, and observation follow-up reminders.