News & Events
> CSO eNews
July 2015 eNews
CSO Research Announces Merger with MBA Focus
MBA Focus merges with CSO Research to build world-leading network for matching students and employers.
We have some very exciting news!
On behalf of the leadership team at CSO Research, I am pleased to announce that we are combining with MBA Focus to create the world’s leading network for matching students and employers.
We are excited because this merger allows both companies to realize our shared vision of becoming the world’s leading source for all student hiring. Together, we have an unbeatable combination of leading edge technology, installed user base, exceptional customer service, industry insight, and analytical capabilities.
Key benefits of the merger for our clients
- We received a major capital infusion and are now the most financially stable, ethical, and customer-service focused career services technology company in the market. And, we are in it for the long-term!
- We will be bigger, better and continually focused on providing world-class systems, solutions and customer service.
- Our changes will be seamless for our clients. Our client services team will continue to provide the customer service that sets us apart from our competitors.
What does the merger mean?
- Together, CSO and MBA Focus will deliver the most comprehensive, efficient, and reliable university-wide career services solutions.
- The merger adds the world’s top-ranked business schools, including Harvard, Chicago Booth, MIT Sloan, Kellogg, and Columbia to complement our 900+ career center client base.
- We will now serve over 1,000 career service offices at colleges and universities across the country and around the world and give the more than 1,400,000 students in our systems visibility to the top 2,000 global hiring companies.
- The merger will allow us to do more of what we do best: Deliver exceptional customer service, user-focused support, system enhancements, continuous innovation, job market and career outcomes analysis, and corporate recruiting management tools.
- We will deliver the only nationally standardized career outcomes data collection and reporting solution: The Outcomes Survey®.
We are excited about this merger because our strengths and market position are complementary. MBA Focus is the global leader in the graduate business school market and among corporations; CSO Research is a global leader in the undergraduate market. Combined, we are the market leader in career service software and recruitment technology and will help more students get hired.
Matt Berndt, Vice President
CSO Research, Inc.
on behalf of the CSO Research, Inc. Leadership Team (Erik Mulloy, Kevin Wilson & Mason Gates)
The Campus Career Coach
With summer upon us, recent graduates are busily searching for career opportunities and the Campus Career Coach offers a variety of valuable free resources to assist in their efforts! This recent post from the Coach provides hands-on compensation and budgeting advice helpful for any major – check it out!
If you haven’t done so already, consider adding the Campus Career Coach badge to your career services website for easy access by your students and graduates!
Highlights from the CSI West 2015 Career Services Technology Panels
CSO’s Matt Berndt and Mason Gates had the opportunity to be part of CSI West’s career services technology panels held at Stanford and the University of Oregon where they discussed big data and career management systems. These CSI West events were filled with great conversations – below are a few highlights! You can see more pictures and follow the full conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #CSIWest15.
— Tommy (@PizzaStew) July 10, 2015
CSO: "If I had a magic wand, I would make university leaders require career development as part of students' college experience" #csiwest15
— Daniel Pascoe, PhD (@DrDanielPascoe) July 8, 2015
— Jessica Best (@bestje) July 10, 2015
— Angela Doty (@angelajdoty) July 10, 2015
— Sarah Dodson (@TheGreatDodson) July 10, 2015
— Angela Doty (@angelajdoty) July 10, 2015
— MattBerndt (@MattBerndt) July 10, 2015
#CSIWest15 Let's put big data in a blender with chaos theory of career development and see what happens! That is a smoothie I want to try
— MattBerndt (@MattBerndt) July 8, 2015
Five More Roundtables in 2015…
Click on individual roundtable locations below to learn more, or visit the FAQ page for event details and to register.
- Springfield, MO / 8-5-15
- Houston, TX / 8-11-15
- San Marcos, TX / 9-11-15
- Billings, MT / 9-29-15
- Portland, OR / 10-6-15
Upcoming CSO Training Webinars
Training Webinars Summer 2015 Schedule
Whether it’s your first time exploring a topic or you’re just looking for a refresher, we encourage you to attend our live webinar training sessions! Based on your feedback we’ve made the registration process easier than ever. Click on a webinar topic below to register!
Please Note: For a comprehensive list of upcoming webinars with registration links: log in to your CSO System as an Administrator > click “Help” in the top menu bar to access Client Services > click the CSO University option in the left navigation bar > select Training Webinars.
CSO Welcomes Two New Additions
We are excited to announce that two beautiful baby girls have joined the CSO family!
Tradeshows and Conferences
The 2015 conference season is in full swing! Members of the CSO team will be exhibiting and/or presenting at the following conferences – if you’re attending, stop by our booth and say hello!
MWACE Annual Conference – Chicago, IL
July 20 – 22, 2015 | www.mwace.org
SoACE Annual Conference – Austin, TX
December 6 – 9, 2015 | www.soace.org
MPACE Annual Conference – Anaheim, CA
December 9 – 11, 2015 | www.mpace.org