News & Events
> CSO eNews
CSO eNews articles tagged with "top story":
Here at CSO Research and MBA Focus we’re excited about last week’s announcement of our new company name, GradLeaders. As we move forward together, the GradLeaders team will continue to provide excellent software and service, while offering new products designed to efficiently connect your students and employers. We’ll be reaching out soon with information about our new undergraduate recruitment product, Global Focus® Undergrad.
While this will be our final CSO eNews, the GradLeaders team is currently in the process of developing our new company communications. Stay tuned!
For more than a decade, the world’s top employers have used Global Focus® to connect with MBA students at more than 75 top-ranked graduate business schools. These recruiters want to easily connect with your undergraduate students and now they can with Global Focus® Undergrad!
- Quickly and easily register
- Access jobs from the world’s top employers
- Search, favorite, and apply to jobs from a single dashboard
- Create search agents/notifications
- Upload multiple resumes
- Access recruiters and jobs from top employers
- View analytics on students, jobs and employer activity
- Implement in time for Fall 2015
How to get started as a Global Focus® Undergrad partner school…
Contact CSO Sales to learn more about becoming a partner school (firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-705-4201 x 2).
Once you determine you’d like to become a partner school, these next steps will be required:
- Provide your candidate data (first name, last name, email address, and optionally, major and grad date) and school branding (logo and colors) for the Global Focus® Undergrad registration system.
- Provide a “From” email address for candidate communication and administrative login.
- Place the Global Focus® Undergrad URL on your CSO System’s student home page.
MBA Focus merges with CSO Research to build world-leading network for matching students and employers.
We have some very exciting news!
On behalf of the leadership team at CSO Research, I am pleased to announce that we are combining with MBA Focus to create the world’s leading network for matching students and employers.
We are excited because this merger allows both companies to realize our shared vision of becoming the world’s leading source for all student hiring. Together, we have an unbeatable combination of leading edge technology, installed user base, exceptional customer service, industry insight, and analytical capabilities.
Key benefits of the merger for our clients
- We received a major capital infusion and are now the most financially stable, ethical, and customer-service focused career services technology company in the market. And, we are in it for the long-term!
- We will be bigger, better and continually focused on providing world-class systems, solutions and customer service.
- Our changes will be seamless for our clients. Our client services team will continue to provide the customer service that sets us apart from our competitors.
What does the merger mean?
- Together, CSO and MBA Focus will deliver the most comprehensive, efficient, and reliable university-wide career services solutions.
- The merger adds the world’s top-ranked business schools, including Harvard, Chicago Booth, MIT Sloan, Kellogg, and Columbia to complement our 900+ career center client base.
- We will now serve over 1,000 career service offices at colleges and universities across the country and around the world and give the more than 1,400,000 students in our systems visibility to the top 2,000 global hiring companies.
- The merger will allow us to do more of what we do best: Deliver exceptional customer service, user-focused support, system enhancements, continuous innovation, job market and career outcomes analysis, and corporate recruiting management tools.
- We will deliver the only nationally standardized career outcomes data collection and reporting solution: The Outcomes Survey®.
We are excited about this merger because our strengths and market position are complementary. MBA Focus is the global leader in the graduate business school market and among corporations; CSO Research is a global leader in the undergraduate market. Combined, we are the market leader in career service software and recruitment technology and will help more students get hired.
Matt Berndt, Vice President
CSO Research, Inc.
on behalf of the CSO Research, Inc. Leadership Team (Erik Mulloy, Kevin Wilson & Mason Gates)
Groundbreaking new national study of college graduates tracks career progression at graduation and at 3, 6, and 12 months after commencement.
Chegg, the Student Hub, and CSO Research, Inc. recently announced a partnership to create a groundbreaking nationwide tracking survey of career outcomes for recent college graduates. The Outcomes Survey®, which CSO Research currently conducts on behalf of more than 120 schools, provides rich insights on how recent grads fare immediately after commencement and at three, six and 12 months after finishing their studies at specific schools. In partnership with Chegg, The Outcomes Survey will now be expanded into a national study of more than 200,000 members of the class of 2015.
Return on investment in college has been questioned as students are finding themselves unemployed, underemployed or in a job outside their chosen field. Further, 50% of recent graduates do not feel that college prepared them well for employment, and only 39% of hiring managers felt recent graduates were prepared for employment in their field of study. Outcomes data can be important to students and parents in deciding where to attend college as more than half of recent grads would pick a different major or school if they could make their college choices over again.
“Chegg is committed to improving the outcomes for all students, and understanding how students fare in the workforce after they graduate hasn’t been transparent to-date,” said Anne Dwane, Chief Business Officer at Chegg. “CSO has already proven the effectiveness of The Outcomes Survey as a research tool, and with our reach into the college audience we can now make the survey applicable to the entire graduating class on a national scale.”
Academic institutions that partner with CSO Research to survey their graduates are able to use this outcomes data in their admissions recruiting, academic and career advising, and alumni relations, and to submit career outcomes data and reports to state and federal agencies, the media, professional associations, and accrediting bodies. Partner schools also receive an anonymized national aggregate dataset at six and 12 months post-graduation for use comparing their students to national averages.
“The Outcomes Survey is a rich data source for the more than 120 schools that already use it, offering administrators insights into how their classes fare upon graduation and potentially identifying areas for intervention,” said Matt Berndt, Vice President of CSO Research, Inc. “For students and parents, the national survey offers the type of comparable data that is necessary to make informed decisions on what and where they study based on potential career tracks.”
New visual enhancements are coming to the CSO System.
Great news! We are getting ready to release visual enhancements to the CSO System that will benefit you and your users!
What do the visual enhancements include?
A clean font, a refreshed color scheme, and simplified icons are a few of the visual enhancements that are coming very soon for all users of your CSO System – students/alumni, employers, administrators, faculty and mentors.
Zero learning curve!
You and your users won’t need to learn anything new – all features and functions will remain in the same places, they’ll just have a fresh new look. Even our seven free student color themes have been updated!*
*The free color themes are only available for sites using Student Version 2.0. For information about the Student Version 2.0 and instructions for scheduling your upgrade, contact CSO Support.
And don’t forget to add The Campus Career Coach badge to your career services website!
- Six Things Your Potential Employer Wants You to Say in a Job Interview
- Seven Tips for the Anxious Interviewer
- Can I get a job with a 2.2 GPA?
- Does my resume need an objective statement?
- Four Things College Seniors Can Do to Improve Their Chances of Getting a Job upon Graduation
- How can I find a new job after being fired?
- How should I address my military experience on my resume?
- How the Spring Class of 2014 Found Employment
- How to get an internship in sports management?
- I want to work in film and television. What are my options?
- Should I quit my job, and how would I include it on my resume?
- Three Reasons Why You Didn’t Get The Internship
- Three Things to Consider When Considering a Career Change
- Top 25 Salaries for the Spring Class of 2014
- When is the best time to start applying?
“Periodically, career center directors ask us for assistance in making the case for the CSO System to their senior administration and other key influencers on campus. As the purpose and benefits of career services are not always widely understood at all levels and in all departments across campus, we work to provide insight into the critical importance of effectively providing career services. Following is our executive summary case statement. Please feel free to use and adapt it to your specific campus needs.”
– Matt Berndt, Vice President
Helping launch the careers of the college-educated workforce…in 2015 and beyond! www.csoresearch.com/company/team.
Easily integrate CareerSpots with your CSO System!
CareerSpots, a proud partner of CSO, is the industry leader in online job search and internship videos for students, offering short, step-by-step tutorials on “how to” succeed in launching your career.
As we celebrate our 5-year partnership with CSO, CareerSpots is offering a FREE 90-day trial!
- Most watched videos on the market – 2 million views and counting!
- Students love our short, high quality storytelling
- Well organized advice from leading experts at global companies
- Easy navigation, available 24-7 on latest devices
- Custom branding and closed captioning at no extra cost
- Integrates seamlessly with your CSO System
- Sponsors can pay for your subscription
See why 250+ colleges and universities trust CareerSpots to increase their student engagement and outcomes. We’re passionate about helping students watch, learn, and land the job.
WHY NOT sign up today for your FREE 90 TRIAL!
Contact us at: email@example.com or call (610) 325-3993.
Easily integrate GoinGlobal with your CSO System!
We are proud to partner with GoinGlobal, the market leader in location-specific career and employment resources for universities around the world. Our partnership allows CSO clients that are also GoinGlobal clients to integrate GoinGlobal directly into their CSO System.
GoinGlobal’s expert-created, constantly updated resource is used by more than 600 higher education institutions, including 78% of US News & World Report’s ranking of the top national universities.
GoinGlobal provides students, staff and alumni with unlimited access to:
- 16-million plus internship and job listings
- Career guides for more than 90 locations
- A proprietary H1B visa search engine and corporate profiles
Visit goinglobal.com/cso_offer to learn more about receiving free 90-day trial access.